NHK, acclaimed Japanese national public broadcaster, is producing a documentary filmed entirely by smartphones, and seeking documentary participants.
Synopsis: The documentary reveals the lives and experiences of the American youth as witnessed and expressed in self-recorded videos and interviews, in unprecedented times as the U.S. heads for the presidential election November 3.
1) Must be a millennial or Z-generation (age 18-38)
2) Must own a smartphone and be able to self-record videos
3) Political inclination: Undecided or strong Trump supporter
4) The filming will take place for up to 8-10 days during the period of late September until November (shortly after the election). The entire filming is to be done remotely by participants mobile phones.
5) The content of the filming will vary depending on participants' occupation and individual circumstances and will likely focus on self-recorded interviews, work, school, home, family, friends, etc.
6) The timing of the filming will also depend on the participants' schedule and to be discussed.
7) Compensation of 2300 USD will be paid to the participant at the completion of filming in early-mid November.
The documentary will not make any judgement on participants’ political views or individual circumstances but intend to express diverse positions and unfiltered, honest opinions unique to each individual to initiate and encourage more conversations.
Please fill out questionnaire by Friday, September 18th.
Contacts: email@example.com (Taka) / firstname.lastname@example.org (Yumi).
They are planning to do Zoom interviews with selected candidates prior to filming. Information submitted will be strictly for internal use only.