Our tech stack includes: Ruby on Rails, React, Redis, Postgresql, AWS,Docker, Heroku, Git, Electron.
If you're creative, passionate, professional, and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
Who we are:
ActionVFX is a visual effects stock footage company based in Johnson City, Tennessee. We create world-class creative assets in a mountain town that are used by Film and VFX professionals all around the world. Projects that have used ActionVFX products include Stranger Things (Netflix), Spider-Man: Far From Home (Marvel), The Walking Dead (AMC), Call of Duty WW2 (Activision), Arrow (CW), Jack Ryan (Amazon), and much more!
We’re on a mission to build the undisputed best and largest library of VFX assets in the world and distribute it to the artists who need it. The driving force behind our mission and culture are our core values:
- Strive for Excellence
- Bring Your Passion
- Never Stop Innovating
- Play to Win
- Be Kind
We’re a hardworking Team that lives by these values everyday, creating an awesome work environment. We also enjoy great benefits like a flexible schedule, great equipment, working from home, unlimited vacation, challenging matches of ping pong and a (very short) commute with a mountain view!
As our Senior Full-Stack Developer, we require the following:
• 5+ years experience in building modern, complex customer-facing web applications.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g Ruby, Python, Java, C++)
• Experience with modern MVC frameworks.
• Solid understanding of data driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems).
• Experience writing testable code and delivering unit tests along with new functionality.
• Familiarity with version control (e.g. GIT).
• Experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases.
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
As our Senior Full-Stack Developer, it would be awesome if you have:
• Experience with Ruby on Rails.
• Development experience with ecommerce platforms (e.g. Spree, Shoppe, etc...)
• Experience with containerization (e.g docker).
• Experience with PostgreSQL, or other RDBMS
• Experience with AWS (S3, EC2, Lambda)
• Experience integrating with payment processing system like PayPal, Stripe, or Braintree.
We’ll be honest, we’re looking for A-players and we know that takes time. The first step is to apply. If you’re a great fit, we’ll walk you through a step by step process where you’ll meet some of our Team Members in a series of interviews. We value and respect your time and will let you know quickly if we’d like to move forward with the interview process.